Anthology, the 2011 NASPA Western Regional Conference, will present exciting, innovative, and creative programs to promote your personal and professional development. A variety of programs will be offered to reflect the evolving NASPA Anthology, a diverse collection of practices, priorities and values, grounded in the learning of yesterday and today, and committed to the promotion of student learning and success today and tomorrow. Program proposals were solicited for four types of educational sessions:
Special hands-on and highly interactive sessions that engage the participants in experiences uniquely available in San Diego.
These 1 hour and 45 minute sessions are designed for our NASPA colleagues who desire in-depth discussion around a topic or issue they are interested in exploring.
These 45 minute sessions are perfect for quick updates on best practices or current research. Short-track sessions are primarily designed for sharing information with an audience in a shorter time frame and will not allow for significant audience participation.
These 1 hour and 15 minute sessions are perfect for presenting best practices or current research findings. Extended-track sessions should be designed to actively engage participants in in-depth discussion and sharing.
NOTE: To promote values of sustainability and innovative technology, the 2011 NASPA Western Regional Conference will go paperless.
- Programs will be shared with conference attendees utilizing online and smart technologies (e.g., the conference website, social media, cell phone applications, and hotel television and video screens).
- Program presenters have been asked to make presentation materials or handouts available in an electronic format, which attendees can choose to print if desired.
Please contact the Anthology conference committee at email@example.com for more information. We want to hear from you!
We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the Panel of Listeners Program at the 2011 NASPA Western Regional Conference in San Diego and we invite you to participate!
Panel of Listeners is a mentoring program for women (and people identifying as women) in student affairs. It provides opportunities for seasoned leaders to meet with graduate students and new professionals to provide coaching on a wide range of professional development and career issues. The program has been a tremendous success in helping to connect colleagues. The session at the regional conference is coordinated by Regions V & VI Women in Student Affairs Knowledge (WISA) Knowledge Communities.
This volunteer opportunity consists of the following commitments:
- Attend the structured conference session that is scheduled for Friday, November 18th from 10:30am – 12:15pm
- Listeners will be paired with a Mentee and the pair will spend at least an hour together sometime during the conference (to be arranged at your convenience)
- Agree to maintain confidentiality on matters discussed during your conversation(s)
- Complete an evaluation of the program after the conference
If you are a mid- or senior-level student affairs officers or faculty member willing to serve as a Listener, please complete the online biography by Monday, October 31: http://studentvoice.com/uoregon/WISApaneloflisteners
If you are interested in being paired with a Listener, please complete the online biography at: http://studentvoice.com/uoregon/listeneebioWISAlisteners by Monday, October 31.
Thank you for your continued commitment and support. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!